CHITRAL VALLEY TOUR DETAILS
Chitral is accessible from Islamabad via Dir which is situated around 340km away and takes around 7 hours to reach. From Dir, one takes the Lowari Tunnel or has to go over the Lowari Top to reach Chitral after another 3 hours. Chitral. The town of Ayun is short of Chitral city on the confluence of Chitral and Bumburet Rivers. Chitral was a princely state under the Mehtar Rulers from 1895 to 1969. Some of the attractions of Chitral include the Shahi Mosque, Shahi Qila, polo ground, Governor Cottage, and Chitral museum.
DAY 1: ISLAMABAD–DIR–CHITRAL (430 KM/11-12HRS)
- We will make an early departure from the designated spot in Islamabad for Dir at the foot of Lowari Pass, preferably crossed with 4 wheel drive vehicle.
- Winding over the Lowari Mountain is an interesting and rewarding experience.
- Lowari tunnel is an alternative to the Lowari pass but it’s operational for a limited time of the day only.
- On the other side of the mountain, we again find asphalt road and arrive in Chitral in the evening and check in to the hotel for a night stay.
DAY 2: CHITRAL–EXCURSION GARAM CHASHMA (100KMS/4HRS)
- Chitral Town is dominated by the view of distant Tirich Mir, the highest peak of the Hindu Kush range of mountains.
- River Chitral is flowing through the town and offers superb views for photography.
- After breakfast we will leave for Garam Chasma, a sub valley of Chitral, famous for its Sulphur Springs and Trout fish.
- After spending some time in the valley we head back to the hotel in Chitral for a night stay.
DAY 3: CHITRAL–BAMBURET (KALASH VALLEY) (30 KMS/2.5HRS)
- After spending some time in Chitral we will leave for Kalash Valley and check in to the hotel at Bamburet.
- A visit to the Kalash graveyard and the school made with the help of the people of Greece would be an interesting addition.
- Participants can meet and interact with community members, teachers, and local kids in their traditional dresses.
- The night stay will be in Bamburet.
DAY 4: BAMBURET–DAY FREE AT BAMBURET
- Participants will get a free day to get relaxed and enjoy the breathtaking views of the valley.
- Kalash is an exotic feature of the region, these tribes are contrasted to the rest of the country.
- Their culture, religion, customs, and habitat is unique and interesting.
- An optional trip to Rambur, another typical Kalash village can be organized.
DAY 5: BAMBURET–ISLAMABAD (440KMS/ 12-13HRS)
- We will leave early morning from Bamburet for a long drive back to Islamabad.
- Participants will be dropped at the designated spot in Islamabad.
END OF THE TOUR
- Private air-conditioned transport
- Jeep for Lowari Pass (in case tunnel/road is closed)
- Accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily breakfast
- Guide for a complete tour
- Basic First Aid kit
Falcon Rent Car is the best Tour operator in Chitral Valley. Along with transport services we are also providing complete Chitral Valley Tour Packages for Families and Honeymoon. Chitral Valley tour includes transport, hotel, and sightseeing services. Special Chitral Valley tour package from Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. Book Now!