NEELUM VALLEY TOUR DETAILS
Azad Kashmir is an independent state with its capital city of Muzaffarabad. Muzaffarabad is situated a few kilometers from Kohala Bridge which forms the entry point into Azad Kashmir from this side of the border. We shall visit the ruins of Red fort. We shall visit the Domail viewpoint which is the confluence of Jhelum and Neelum Rivers. From Muzaffarabad, we drive to Keran along the Neelum River. Further along the Neelum River, we drive to Sharda to see an old Buddhist monastery. From here we go on to Arang Kel which is situated at 8,379feet/2554meters and has a military post and the village across the river on the Indian side is also called Kel. The last destination would be Taobat which is the point where the Neelum River enters our territory from the Indian side.
DAY 1: ISLAMABAD–MUZAFFABAD–KERAN (220KMS/8HRS)
- Pick up from the designated point, and drive towards Azad Kashmir via Murree.
- Azad Kashmir is an independent state with its capital at Muzaffarabad.
- Crossing the Kohala Bridge we enter the Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
- Upon entering Muzaffarabad, we visit the ruins of Red Fort.
- Domel is the other major attraction of the capital city and is the site of the confluence of the Jhelum & Neelum Rivers.
- We drive on into the scenic Neelum Valley towards Keran following the Neelum River upstream.
- We will stay for the night at Keran.
DAY 2: KERAN–SHARDA–KEL (60KMS/6HRS)
- Keran is situated on the bank of Neelum River and across the river in the Indian village with the same name as Keran.
- The Neelum River winds across providing a natural border with the Indian-held territory of Kashmir at various places.
- We drive onwards to Sharda with its ruins of a Buddhist monastery.
- Sharda was a seat of learning for Hindus and Buddhists.
- From here we move on to Kel and check in to the hotel for a night stay.
DAY 3: KEL–ARANG KEL–TAOBAT (50KM/4HRS + 2HRS HIKE)
- After Breakfast, we hike from Kel to Arang Kel, the hill station above Kel.
- Access to Arang Kel is via a trek of 2½ hours covering a roughly 1,500-foot climb (but every step is worth the effort) or using a chair lift operated by the Pak Army.
- Arang Kel is a lush green village and one of the most beautiful places in Neelum Valley.
- A jeep ride to Taobat would be the highlight of the program.
- Taobat is the endpoint of the Neelum valley and also the place where the Neelum River enters Azad Kashmir.
- The night stay will be at Taobat.
DAY 4: TAOBAT–KERAN (110KMS/8HRS)
- Participants will get some free time to spend at Taobat for sightseeing and we will leave for Keran after early lunch.
- We will reach Keran in the evening and check in to the hotel for a night’s stay.
DAY 5: KERAN–KUTTON–ISLAMABAD (220KMS/8HRS)
- Depart for Islamabad with a brief stopover at Kutton (Jagran Valley) to view the Hydropower project and the mesmerizing beauty of Kutton village.
- We drive on to our designated drop-off place in Islamabad.
End of the Tour
- Private Air Conditioned transport
- Jeep from Kel to Taobat
- Accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily breakfast
- Guide for a complete tour
- Basic first aid kit
- Late checkout, if different from standard checkout time
- Personal insurance of clients/luggage
- Meals other than breakfast
- Laundry, beverages & phone calls, or other expenses of personal nature
- Extra expenses due to the acts of nature and political reasons etc.
- Medical aid, evacuation, or extra expenses in emergencies
- Any item not mentioned above
Falcon Rent Car is the best Tour operator in Neelum Valley. Along with transport services we are also providing complete Neelum Valley Tour Packages for Families and Honeymoon. Neelum Valley tour includes transport, hotel, and sightseeing services. Special Neelum Valley tour package from Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. Book Now!